Special Events Coordinator
FMWR-DS Program Manager
Mailing Address: PO Drawer 620189, Fort Rucker, AL 36362
Did you attend a special event?
Click the ICE icon.
Fort Rucker hosts a wide variety of special events throughout the year such as Children’s Festival, Lake Fest, Freedom Fest, and Oktoberfest. These events feature an assortment of food and merchandise vendors, children’s inflatables, music, games, and many other activities sure to please the whole family! Fort Rucker also hosts the Pro-Am Golf Tournament, Soldier Show, Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, Comedy Live, and Army Entertainment events. Most events are family friendly and the majority are free!
- June 19, Dueling Pianos: Join Family & MWR on Friday, June 19 in The Landing ballroom from 8 pm–midnight for Dueling Pianos! Enjoy this high energy, all request, sing along, clap along, rock n’ roll, comedy piano show as the talented entertainers get the entire audience involved in the fun. The event is open to the public, ages 16+. Advanced tickets are $12 through Thursday, June 18, and $16 at the door the day of the show. Bring your friends and secure your VIP table for $150. VIP tables seat 10 patrons and are guaranteed seating near the stage! For more information, please call The Landing at (334) 598-2426 or the Special Events Coordinator, (334) 255-9810.
- July 2, Freedom Festival:Join us in the celebration of our nation’s independence on July 2 from 4–10 pm for a day of food, activities, and fun, culminating in one of the area’s largest fireworks show. Freedom Festival is Fort Rucker’s premier event hosted by the Commanding General. The 98th Army Silver Wings Band will perform. Activities include a variety of displays, kid’s inflatable fun zone, rides, and a variety of local and regional vendors. This event is free and open to the public. There are a few items prohibited at the Freedom Fest 2015, including no coolers, backpacks (except for medical and baby care items), no pets, no fireworks of any kind, no glass containers, no weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, etc.), and no bicycles, scooters, roller blades, or skateboards. This is for the safety of all patrons. Fort Rucker Festival Fields, 4–10 pm. For more information, contact DFMWR at (334) 255-1749.
- July 17, Illusionist Show: Come see Illusionist Wayne Hoffman on Friday, July 17 at The Landing, 7–8:30 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Family friendly, ages 12+. Ages 12–17 must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets are $12 in advance until noon on July 17. Tickets sold after noon and at the door will be $16. Tickets may be purchased at The Landing, Coffee Zones, or MWR Central. For more information, please contact Family and MWR at (334) 255-9810.
- August 14, Girls Night Out at Fort Rucker: Ladies, get ready for a night out with the girls! Join us on Friday, August 14 in The Landing Ballroom from 6–9 pm for an evening full of fashion, fun, and prizes. Enjoy DJ entertainment while visiting with numerous organizations from throughout the community that cater to women. Prize drawings will be held throughout the evening, with a grand prize drawing at 9 pm. (Must be present to win all prizes.) This event is open to the public for ages 18+. Tickets go on sale starting July 13 for $10, which includes one drink stub. For more information, please contact The Landing at (334) 598-2426 or Family & MWR Special Events at (334) 255-1749.
- August 20 & 21, US Army Soldier Show: The 2015 U.S. Army Soldier Show is coming to Enterprise High School Performing Arts Center on August 20 and 21! Showtime is 7-8:30 pm each day. It’s Army entertainment like you’ve never experienced before. The Soldier Show is a live Broadway-style variety performance featuring our best talent. It’s singing, it’s dancing and it’s amazing. This year’s production, “We Serve” explores the foundational elements of what it means to serve, in and out of uniform, as well as how our country in return serves them. The 2015 U.S. Army Soldier Show honors our Army’s continued service, resilience and strength with its mission to effectively inform, educate and inspire our audiences into action. It celebrates this great Nation, our Army, and the Families and communities that serve and support our service members in return. We are honored to share this experience of service with you, and are confident that the performance of “We Serve” will leave behind a positive and uplifting reminder of what makes our Soldiers and our Army Family “Army Strong.” This year’s show is proudly sponsored by GM Military Discount and CHASE. Admission is free. No tickets required. Doors open 1 hour prior show. Seating is first-come, first-served. For more information, contact Family & MWR at (334) 255-9810.
- September 25, Oktoberfest at Fort Rucker: Fort Rucker’s 13th Annual Oktoberfest will take place on Friday, September 25 from 4:30–9:30 pm at the Fort Rucker Festival Fields. This event features live German music by Sonnenschein Express, traditional German food including bratwurst and schnitzel, German beer, keg toss competition, Volkswagen Show & Shine, and a good time to be had! At this family-friendly event, there are also inflatables for the children, a pumpkin patch, craft activities, and more! So put on your lederhosen and don’t miss out on this celebration of German culture here in the Wiregrass! For more information, please contact Family & MWR Special Events at (334) 255-1749.
- October 17, Fort Rucker’s Fall Outdoor Yard Sale & Flea Market: Join us on Saturday, October 17 from 7–11 am on the Fort Rucker Festival Fields for the Fall Outdoor Yard Sale & Flea Market. This outdoor event provides the opportunity for the Fort Rucker community to buy and sell used household items in a consolidated fashion. The event is open to the public; booth space fees apply to sellers. No commercial vendors allowed. Limited tables are also available to rent*. Registration due by Wednesday, October 14, 2015. For more information, please contact the Special Events Coordinator at (334) 255-1749.
GOV Rate (Active duty & dependents, Retired, Reserve, DOD civilians):
15 × 20: $20
30 × 20: $30
Tables – $10/eachGeneral Public:
15 × 20: $30
30 × 20: $40
Tables – $10/each
- November 13, Camping Under the Stars: Friday, November 13. Lake Tholocco. For more information, please contact (334) 255-9810.
- December 3, Christmas Tree Lighting at Fort Rucker: Thursday, December 3, 4:45–6 pm at Howze Field. For more information, please contact (334) 255-9810.