Special Events Coordinator
FMWR-DS Program Manager
Mailing Address: PO Drawer 620189, Fort Rucker, AL 36362
Did you attend a special event?
Click the ICE icon.
Fort Rucker hosts a wide variety of special events throughout the year such as Children’s Festival, Lake Fest, Freedom Fest, and Oktoberfest. These events feature an assortment of food and merchandise vendors, children’s inflatables, music, games, and many other activities sure to please the whole family! Fort Rucker also hosts the Pro-Am Golf Tournament, Soldier Show, Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, Comedy Live, and Army Entertainment events. Most events are family friendly and the majority are free!
- February 28, Fort Rucker’s Spring Outdoor Yard Sale & Flea Market: Join us on Saturday, February 28 from 7–11 am on the Fort Rucker Festival Fields for the Spring Outdoor Yard Sale & Flea Market. This outdoor event provides the opportunity for the Fort Rucker community to buy and sell used household items in a consolidated fashion. The event is open to the public; booth space fees apply to sellers. No commercial vendors allowed. Limited tables are also available to rent*. Registration due by Wednesday, February 25, 2015.
*Rates:• GOV Rate (active-duty & dependants, retired, reserve, DOD civilians):
o 15×20 – $20 30×20 – $30 Tables – $10/ea
• General Public:
o 15×20 – $30 30×20 – $40 Tables – $10/ea
For more information, please contact the Special Events Coordinator at (334) 255-1749.
Click here for registration form
- March 6, Girls Night Out: Ladies, get ready for a night out with the girls! Join us on Friday, March 6 at the Landing from 6–9 pm for an evening full of fashion, fun, and prizes. Enjoy DJ entertainment while visiting with numerous organizations from throughout the community that cater to women. Prize drawings will be held throughout the evening, with a grand prize drawing at 9pm. (Must be present to win all prizes.) This event is open to the public for ages 18+. Tickets go on sale January 9 for $10, which includes one drink stub. For more information, please contact Family & MWR Special Events at (334) 255-1749.
- March 28, Children’s Festival: The Festival Fields. Special Events Coordinator, FMWR, (334) 255-1749.
- April 25, Thunder on Tholocco: If you’re looking for a day of family fun, join us for the 9th annual Thunder on Tholocco. Thunder returns to Fort Rucker on Saturday, April 25th from 11 am–5 pm at West Beach, Lake Tholocco. Bring a chair or blanket and watch multi-class outboard drag boat racing at its best. These high-performance machines reach speeds in excess of 100 mph! For those looking to get a piece of the action, sign up to participate in a kayak or canoe race, try one of our paddle boats, or see how far you can make it down our inflatable slip and slide. And we’ve got you covered if all that fun works up an appetite! Food vendors will be on site with a variety of menu options. Gates open at 9 am; races begin at 11 am. Tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door. Children 12 and under are free. Tickets are available for purchase at the Outdoor Recreation Office or MWR Central. This event is open to the public. No glass containers permitted. For more information, please contact Family & MWR Special Events at (334) 255-1749.
- May 16, Lake Fest: Join us on Saturday, May 16 from 12–6 pm for the annual Lake Fest at West Beach, Lake Tholocco! In celebration of the 14th year of this welcome-to-summer celebration, Fort Rucker is taking you to a tropical paradise. Games, swimming, vendors, inflatables, sandcastle contest, volleyball tournament and free use of life jackets, canoes and paddle boats will keep the party going all afternoon. Admission is free and open to the public. So escape to paradise and join us at West Beach for fun in the sun! Please contact Family and MWR Special Events for more information, (334) 255-1749.