Building 20067 on Combat Road
Open to the public.
HOURS OF OPERATION
7 Days a Week & Holidays, 7 a.m. – Dusk
*Please note, golf facilities may be closed when existing conditions or demands due to scheduled maintenance require closing. In such cases, an appropriate notice will be posted in the Clubhouse.
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
Please Note: The Blue 9 Course is CLOSED until further notice due to course maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Upcoming Events & Specials:
- March 1-24, Silver Wings Cup Registration
Attention Silver Wings Members: Register for the 2014 Silver Wings Cup, March 1st – 24th at Silver Wings Golf Course. Format is Individual Match Play (USGA Handicap Required). Cost is $20 Registration (plus cart fee for each time you play). Participation is limited to the first 32 paid entries. For more information and to register, please contact Silver Wings Golf Course at (334) 598-2449.
- March 22, ABCD Golf Scramble
5 pm at Silver Wings Golf Course. This will be a 4-Person Scramble format. USGA Handicap is required. Entry fee is $55.00 for Members and $65.00 for Non-Members and includes Friday Pairings Party, Dinner, Prizes, Tee Gifts, Cart Fees and Awards. The field is limited to the first 60 paid entries. On Friday, March 21st we will be holding at 6 pm Bar-B-Q Dinner at 6 pm followed by the Blind Draw of Teams at 7 pm. The range will open at 11 am on Saturday, March 22nd followed by Announcements at 12:45 pm and a 1 pm Shotgun start. The Presentation of Awards will take place after the Scramble at 5:30 pm. Open to everyone. Silver Wings Golf Course, (334) 598-2449.
- March 30th, Just Out Putting ….At Night (Twilight Golf Event): Dinner will be served at 6:00PM with a nine hole putting contest using glowballs to follow at 7:00pm. Dinner is Italian themed. The cost for dinner and golf is $25.00. The price for dinner is $18.75. Prizes will be given to the lowest scorers.
- Friday Night Lights, March 28th, Apr 25th, May 30th, June 27th, July 27th & August 29th. Format #1: Shoot out at 5:00pm, 10 Man elimination, Ten participants will tee off together, the highest score will be eliminated every hole until two players are left at the ninth hole. The winner will be the last player standing at the end of nine. Entry fee is $10.00 plus applicable cart and green fees. Format #2 Driving Range Specials from 7:00-9:00pm. Entry fee is $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for Juniors (13 and under). The fee includes unlimited range balls for 2 hours, hot dog, chip and beverage, swing tips offered by your PGA Professional, target games and music.
Silver Wings Golf Course is a 27-Hole Championship facility. The course has outstanding Champion Bermuda Greens and one of the most challenging layouts in the region. The fairways are tree lined with numerous hardwoods and pines that gently roll through different elevation changes. The facility boasts a fully stocked Golf Shop, Divots Restaurant & Grille, Meeting & Banquet rooms, and a 300 yard long lit Practice Range.
The facility is open to the public and offers several types of membership opportunities. Membership includes unlimited green fees, advanced tee times, Golf Shop merchandise discounts, Member-only tournaments, discounted outside tournament fees, complimentary USGA GHIN handicap, and reduced room fees and food minimums in Divots’ Banquet Room.
Silver Wings has three 9-Hole courses: Red, White, & Blue. All three courses have subtle differences. The Red & Blue courses are straight forward, and the White course has more target areas to hit.
The majority of the holes will allow you to land the ball short of the green and bounce it in if necessary. There are only a few holes that force you to carry the ball over a bunker. The greens have a good deal of undulation to them and a ball too close to the edge of the green can easily roll off the side. A good game plan is to aim for the white 150 yard marker in the fairway, and aim for the center of the green.
Golf Pro Shop
The Golf Pro Shop offers everything for your golfing needs. From your latest equipment, re-gripping clubs, custom fittings, rental sets, golf lessons by appointment, apparel, starter sets, to many unique gift items perfect for souvenirs and golf outings. Come by and see what we have to offer! Browse some of our merchandise online.
Entering Fort Rucker, be prepared to present a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance card, or a current rental vehicle contract with a driver’s license.
- From Dothan take Highway 84 West to Daleville, then North on Highway 85, Daleville Avenue. Once through the gate follow 3rd Avenue and turn right onto Hatch Road.
- From Enterprise, use the Enterprise Gate on Rucker Boulevard. Follow Andrews Avenue and turn right onto Hatch Road.
- From Ozark, use the Ozark Gate. Follow Andrews Avenue and turn left onto Hatch Road.