Building 20090, Hatch Road
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed on Sunday
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
Click the ICE icon.
The Fort Rucker Riding Stables is located on Hatch Road just south of the Silver Wings Golf Course, surrounded by over 10,000 acres of beautifully wooded trails. The complex includes a clubhouse with bathroom facilities and an emergency phone. Four community pastures, hay barn, 40 duplex barns with individual tack rooms and paddocks are available on-site as well as 67 stalls for transient and show horses.
The Fort Rucker Riding Stables has two regulation dressage rings and two breaking pens. A lighted western arena and lighted jump/show arena, covered farriers’ shed and double wash stalls with warm water are also available to patrons. Hay and stall bedding may be purchased from the Fort Rucker Riding Stables office. We also offer a convenient flexible feed service program to patrons.
October 24 & 25, Frite Nite: Frite Nite returns to the Riding Stables on Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25 from 7 pm – 11 pm. Guests will take a short ride and be dropped off to walk through the wooded trail of nightmares, a haunted cemetery, the boogie man’s home, and a maze of screams. If they make it out, they can join the other survivors on the ride back to sanity. This night is not for the light of heart. We strongly encourage only those ready for a real FRIGHT to participate. Cost is $12 per person. Tickets are available each night (cash only) or you may purchase your tickets in advance at the Riding Stables. Concessions are also available at the event for additional cost. This is event is open to the public. For more information call the Riding Stables at (334) 598-3384.
CANCELLED: October 25, Children’s Fall Festival: The Children’s Fall Festival scheduled for Saturday, October 25th at the Fort Rucker Riding Stables has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Riding Stables at (334) 598-3384.
Riding Lessons & Events
The Fort Rucker Riding Stables offers riding lessons throughout the year. The price is $35.00 per lesson, taught in a one-on-one style.
We host many horse related clinics and events throughout the year. All events are open to the public unless otherwise noted. All horse shows start at 10 a.m.
The Fort Rucker Riding Stables offers Pony Parties for toddlers and preschoolers up to 40 pounds. Price is $85 per party for up to 10 children. Any number over the amount of 10 is an additional $5 per child.
Boarding patrons may park their trailers at their stall unit, providing it doesn’t interfere with access to other stalls/paddocks or block emergency vehicle access, or at other designated areas within the EQC free of charge.
New patrons or additional mounts will not be assigned a stall of any type until the mount is physically present at the Fort Rucker Riding Stables. That is, a horse will not be placed on the waiting list for permanent facilities until it clears quarantine. Horses not in a permanent stall will occupy one of the 67 transient stalls available on site. Active duty military patrons will not be required to occupy transient facilities for longer than 45 days.
Box stall rates are as follows:
- E7 & Below
- Box Stall – $77 per month
- Stall with Paddock – $105 per month
- All other Active Duty ID Card Holder
- Box Stall – $85 per month
- Stall with Paddock – $115 per month
- Retirees, DOD, & DAC
- Box Stall – $85 per month
- Stall with Paddock – $115 per month
- Box Stall – $90 per month
- Stall with Paddock – $130 per month
One month stall fee is required as a deposit in addition to the regular stall fee. This deposit will be returned upon your departure, providing the office has been notified in writing 30 days in advance of departure, the stalls are inspected and vacated in good condition.
Feed service is available on the following fee schedule:
- Feed 1 time daily: $50/month (not prorated)
- Feed 2 times daily : $65/month (not prorated)
- Clean stall & paddock daily: $85/month (not prorated)
- Full service (Feed twice daily, clean once daily): $130/month (not prorated)
- Temporary service: Feed $8/time, Clean $10/time
All incoming boarders must provide documentation of a negative coggins test within the last 30 days and proof of immunizations administered by a licensed veterinarian as listed below:
- Rabies: annually
- Tetanus: annually
- Rhinopneumonitis: annually
- Equine Influenza: annually
- West Nile: twice annually
- Equine Eastern and Western Encephalomyelitis: twice annually
Horses will remain in a quarantine status until released by the veterinarian.
Resident mounts may be turned out in our 2-acre mare pasture or 4-acre gelding pasture two days each week. Other days are designated for babies (mares with foals at their side and horses less than 24 months. The stables has four turn out pastures total. Upper pastures are mare and gelding separated and will only be used two days a week. Lower pastures are mare and gelding separated but can be used 7 days a week/24 hours a day at your own risk.
- (80) 12′ x 12′ stalls with paddocks and 6′ x 12′ tack rooms in duplex barns for boarding patrons.
- (52) 12′ x 12′ stalls for transient horses.
- (15) 24 x 24 stalls for larger transient horses.
- 2 round pens are available for training.
- 2 lighted dressage rings are available for training and competitions.
- Covered farrier shed.
- Dual covered wash racks with hot water.
- 50 miles of Riding trails that are marked and color coded.
- A 48,000 square foot lighted show/jump arena is equipped with a sound system and can seat 120 spectators in covered bleachers and an additional 60 people in open bleachers. This arena has an enclosed, air-conditioned, announcer’s booth.
- Additional lighted arena.
- Lighted covered arena for rainy or hot days.
- 4 world-class Eventing Courses with the only Preliminary course in Alabama.
- 600 square foot clubhouse with public restrooms, information boards and an ice machine available to patrons 24-hours a day.
Directions from Enterprise
Go east on Rucker Boulevard and enter Fort Rucker on Andrews Avenue. Follow Andrews Avenue through post to Hatch Road. Turn right on Hatch Road. The Riding Stables is the second left.
Directions from Daleville
Go north on Daleville Avenue and enter Fort Rucker on 3rd Avenue. Follow 3rd Avenue until it merges with Andrews Avenue and continue (right) on Andrews Avenue. Turn right on Hatch Road. The Riding Stables is the second left
Driver’s license, current registration, and proof of insurance for the towing vehicle is required to enter Fort Rucker. All passengers over 16-years-old must show a photo ID at the gate.