Building 212 on Ruf Avenue
Phone: (334) 255-3885
Fax: (334) 255-1567
Open to Authorized Patrons.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday & Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 12 – 5 p.m.
Closed Sundays & Federal Holidays
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
Upcoming Events & Specials
- May 6, Mother’s Day Craft Activity: 3:30 - 4:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served. Open to Children ages 3-11. Space is limited to the first 65 children registered.
- May 12-16: Children’s Book Week
We will be holding three contests for authorized library patrons, ages 3-12. The Giving Tree: Each child will get a leaf when they or their parents check-out their book/books. One leaf will be randomly chosen each day and the winner will receive a prize. How Many Pieces of Candy: Children will guess how many jellybeans are in the candy jar. The correct guess will receive the jar of jellybeans. Favorite Book Character Picture Contest: Children will draw their favorite book character on paper provided by the library. Pictures will be judged on creativity and a winner will be chosen from the following age groups: 3-6, 7-9, and 10-12. Drawings must be submitted with Child’s Name and contact information no later than Friday, May 16th. Each winner will receive a prize.
- May 26 – June 20: Summer Reading Program Registration – “PAWS TO READ”Registration for Center Library’s Summer Reading Program “PAWS TO READ” will be held May 26th – June 20th. Eligibility Requirements: Children must be completing grades K-9. Parents or children must have a Center Library membership. Registration must be completed by close of business on June 20th. For questions or more information, stop by or call Center Library at (334) 255-3885.
- June 10, Father’s Day Craft Activity: 3:30 - 4:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served. Open to Children ages 3-11. Space is limited to the first 65 children registered.
- July 1, 4th of July Craft Activity: 3:30 - 4:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served. Open to Children ages 3-11. Space is limited to the first 65 children registered.
The Center Library is your resource for knowledge, communication and entertainment. Library accounts are available to all military and government civilian ID card holders.
The library has 22 high-speed public access internet computers, high speed WiFi for laptops, copying service, individual study areas, and a digital scanner. We offer free FAX service to all toll free and DSN numbers as well as incoming FAX service at a nominal fee. Our Special Activities Room is available for groups of up to 50 people by reservation.
The Center Library offers free monthly and seasonal programming for our community’s children as well as special activities, story time, and guest speaker events.
The Center Library is also proud to offer its patrons free reference assistance for all personal and academic research requirements, and access to online databases through our catalog. Inter-library loan services are offered on a case-by-case basis.
Whatever your information and entertainment needs, please allow the excellent staff of the Center Library the privilege of serving you often. As with all Family & MWR programming, Center Library is EFM friendly!
Join us every Friday from 10:15 – 11 a.m. for Story Time. This FREE program introduces the joy of reading to children ages 2 – 5 years old, and enhances parent-child interaction. A typical Story Time includes a story read by our friendly staff and coloring or craft time. (Story Time does not take place on holidays or DONSA’s)
Our collection includes:
- Music CDs
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Video Games
- Foreign Language Books
- Rosetta Stone Learning CDs
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Travel Guides
- Christian Fiction
- Graphic Novels
- Large Print Books
- Young Adult Section
- Framed Art for Circulation
View our Online Catalog and manage your account. We must have your e-mail address on file in order to set up an online catalog account.
Research & Homework