Building 2800 on 7th Avenue
Phone: (334) 255-2271/2260
Fax: (334) 255-1204
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Thursday, 2:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday, 2:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
*Hours of operation are subject to change.
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
Click the ICE icon.
The Youth Center has a wide range of programs for children grades 6–12, offering fun-ﬁlled afternoons, evenings, and weekends. Free Middle School Teen (MST) programs are offered daily after school and in the afternoons during the summer for youth ages grades 6th – 12th. MST morning camps are also offered at a nominal fee during the summer to complement the free afternoon program.
There are special activities for youth grades 6th-12th scheduled on a continual basis, including social activities and field trips. CYSS programs utilize partnerships with 4-H Clubs, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and Character Counts to bring enhanced curriculum and other opportunities for growth and development to our children and youth. Programs are intended to offer positive alternatives that will minimize “at risk” behavior during parental duty hours.
Middle School Teen Program
The Middle School Teen (MST) is a free CYSS designated program geared to accommodate youth who are in grades 6th – 12th. Activities of the Middle School program are of a more advanced level than those of the School Age Services (SAS). MST activities are challenging and educational. Some of the activities include: workforce preparation, America’s Promise Passport, and abuse awareness classes.
Free programs are offered after school, but nominal fees may be charged for special activities. The Boys and Girls Club Keystone Club meets weekly to discuss concerns and needs of teens. The club also participates in numerous community activities. Activities are planned to meet the four Youth program Service Areas: Sport, Fitness, and Health; Arts, Recreation, and Leisure; Life Skills, Citizenship, and Leadership; and Mentoring, Education, and Support Services.
Youth Center Activity Rooms
- The Commons Area – This is a place for the youth to relax, play games such as pool, ping pong, etc. Plus youth could put on a play in the theater section
- Youth Technology Lab - Tech activities for youth include computer access for learning and fun. Computer programs will be used to build youth tech skills. Activities such as Digital Photography, Videography, Aerospace and other life skills will be available to the patrons.
- Activity Room #1 – This activity area offers arts and crafts activities such as sewing, paper and music crafts.
- Activity Room #2 - This activity area offers interactive physical fitness. Youth will enter into the world of interactive fitness and experience a full cardio workout using today’s technology. We will use this to teach youth that physical exercise can be challenging and entertaining. Activities include:
- Sportswall Interactive Impact games
- Makoto (measures speed, agility and reaction time)
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Activity Room #3 – The Entertainment Center will be housed in this activity room focusing on music, dance, and song. Youth have opportunities to be creative and grow their musical talents of composing, putting words to song, vocal expression, exposure to a variety of musical instruments and dance instruction. Sound booth time will be available to all. Activities include a vocal booth, keyboard, digital drum pads, Guitar Hero, and hip hop instruction.
- Homework Center – The Homework Center offers Homework Assistance and other educational activities.
- Teen Lounge – The Lounge offers youth ages 13-18 years old a place to socialize and relax. Board games and other activities are offered, as well as TVs for movies and games.
- Snack Area/Demonstration Kitchen – This area gives youth the opportunity to participate in cooking activities.
Boys and Girls Club of America
- Mondays: Torch Club, 4 – 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Keystone Club, 4 – 5 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of the month: Passport to Manhood
- 2nd Thursday of the month: Smart Girls
- 4th Thursday of the month: Healthy Habits
There are many active 4-H Clubs in operation. The Youth Center is an affiliate member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, participating in many of their grant and scholarship opportunities and utilizing their curriculum to enhance our programs.
- 4-H Clubs meet Tuesdays from 4 – 5 p.m.
- Every 3rd Thursday of the month is is 4-H Community Club