Located inside the Soldier Service Center
Building 5700, Room 193
Outreach Services Director: 334-255-2958
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
Parent Central Services provides one-stop enrollment for patrons and serves as a resource management measure, centrally tracking and monitoring vacancies and waiting lists in all CYS Services delivery systems. The application for Department of Defense Child Care fees must be submitted to determine the fee category. An annual registration is required to participate in all CYS Services programs. Registration has reciprocity Army-wide and is transferable from installation to installation with appropriate documentation of enrollment status. Currently all annual registration fees are Free.
Registration forms can be found at our Parent Central Services location or online with WebTrac.
Families Eligible for CYS Program & Services:
- All Active Duty Soldiers
- All Activated Guard and Reserve Soldiers
- All Mobilized Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve Soldiers
- All Department of Defense Civilians
- All Military Retirees
CYS Services Online
Patrons can start new registrations, make monthly childcare, SKIESUnlimited, sports and other activity payments online with WebTrac. Billing for SKIESUnlimited Instructional Program fees are posted on the 15th of each month. Childcare fees are posted on the 1st and 15th of each month. In order to make a payment online, your household must have a balance that is due. Online advance program activities payments are not available on the WebTrac system. You may make advance payment at any of our facilities if desired.
Special Needs Children
CYSS has a Special Needs Accommodation Process (SNAP) in place at each Garrison. We will need your child’s specific information concerning allergies (food, ant bites, nuts, dairy products, etc.), Attention Deficit Disorder, Seizure, Diabetes, and any physical or psychological conditions. This SNAP process brings together child care professionals, physicians and counselors to determine if and how CYSS can best meet the needs of your child.
All Families are required to fill-out the Special Needs Health Screening Tool form. Complete one form per child and turn it to the Parent Central Services office at registration. If it is determined that your child has a special need, a SNAP review or meeting will be set-up.
The following information is required upon registering with CYSS:
- Patron must provide valid sponsor ID card and a current copy of each child’s immunization records.
- If you are registering for sports or any of the other CYSS activities, please fill out a CYSS Health Assessment Form/Sports Physical Form. A current copy is required before participating in any sports or activities. Physicals are good for one calendar year and must be valid for the duration of the sport or activity.
If your child has any of the following special need conditions: Respiratory (asthma), Special Diet, Diabetes, Seizures, or Allergies, please have the appropriate forms completed by your child’s physician. Forms can be found at Parent Central Services or online with WebTrac.
DoD Fee Application
- Fees – Childcare fees are based on Total Family Income (TFI), not rank or grade. The Army funds the difference in what you pay and the actual cost of care. Each Family’s fee depends on its income category. Patrons need to bring in verification (LES or pay voucher) of household income of sponsor and spouse (if employed).
- How Childcare & School Age Fees are Determined – DoD has established nine childcare income categories based on TFI levels, with a fee range in each category. A Family’s TFI determines its unique income category (1-9). Fee rates vary by location, but all are within DoD income category fee ranges. Each Family’s fee depends on its income category and the fee rate established for your installation.
The goal of CYS Services is to provide each Family with a childcare option that meets their individual needs. Because there are a limited number of spaces available, in some locations, it may be necessary for Families to be placed on waiting lists.
Parent Central Services representatives will schedule program orientations for every new Family during registration. If the sponsor is single or dual military, a current family care plan must be provided upon registration. If you are registering for sports, EDGE, SKIESUnlimited, or other activities offered by CYSS, you must have a current sports physical that remains valid during the entire sport season.
The Kids On-Site (KOS) program is available for on-site childcare during meetings, physical fitness time, and social gatherings that meet the needs of the Fort Rucker community. Events may include, but are not limited to, Community Spouse’s Club events, religious functions, and family readiness group meetings and trainings.
CYSS provides the staff to care for children between the ages of 6 weeks – 12 years old during the event. All childcare staff members are trained and qualified through CYS Services.
Organizations who wish to take advantage of KOS during their meetings can make arrangements through the Outreach Services Director located within the Parent Central Services office.
We have a permanent KOS location at the Physical Fitness Facility operating on a first come, first serve basis. Hours are 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Punch cards for childcare fees are available for purchase at CYSS and Physical Fitness Facilities. Other KOS locations have been pre-approved for childcare on an as needed basis.
Deployment Childcare Opportunities & Options
CYS Services supports the Families of deployed Soldiers with the following:
- Free CYSS registration.
- 16 hours of free childcare per child each month during deployment.
- Special openings and KOS sites for FRG/deployment events.
- Five hours of free childcare for rear detachment personnel and cadre.
- 20% reduction of fees for regularly scheduled full and part-day childcare.
- Up to $300 in SKIESUnlimited classes per child per eligibility period.
- Up to $100 CYSS team or individual sports fees child per eligibility period.
- Additional hourly care at the discount rate of $2 per hour.
Please bring a copy of the active duty Soldier’s orders to take advantage of Army Family Benefits.