Bldg. 5700, Novosel St., Rm. 390
Fort Rucker, AL 36362
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Work Cell Numbers: 334-379-7946 or 432-3994
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
The Victim Advocacy Program (VAP) provides non-clinical advocacy services and support to Soldiers and Family members experiencing domestic abuse. A Victim Advocate (VA) is a trained professional on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week to provide:
- Non-judgmental support
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning
- Assistance in obtaining protective orders
- Accompany throughout the medical, investigative and legal processes
- Coordination of emergency services; transportation, housing, food, etc.
- Referrals to military and civilian resources
Options for Reporting Domestic Abuse
Soldiers and Family members who experience domestic abuse are encouraged to report the incident to a VA to access the full range of supportive services. Reporting options are:
- Restricted - Allows victims the option of receiving medical treatment, advocacy and counseling without an official investigation or command involvement.
- Unrestricted - Victims receive medical treatment, advocacy, counseling and an official investigation of their allegation. This option ensures the widest range of rights and protections to the victim.