Outreach Services Director
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
- Check out our new CYSS Compass magazine online! Compass is your guide to Fort Rucker Child, Youth & School Services. Pick up a hard copy from Parent Central Services at the Soldier Service Center.
Patrons who plan to use any Child, Youth, & School Services (CYSS) program should register their child at the CYSS Parent Central Services office. The registration is good for one calendar year and has reciprocity Army-wide (transferable from installation to installation with appropriate documentation of enrollment status).
Families Eligible for CYSS Programs & Services:
- Active Duty Soldiers
- Activated Guard and Reserve Soldiers
- Mobilized Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve Soldiers
- Department of Defense Civilians
Special Needs Children: CYSS has a Special Needs Accommodation Process (SNAP). If your child suffers, for example, from allergies or Attention Deficit Disorder, or has been diagnosed with a physical or psychological condition, this accommodation process brings together child care professionals, physicians and counselors to determine how CYSS can best meet the needs of your child.
All Families are required to fill out the Special Needs Health Screening Tool form. The form will be provided within the CYSS Registration Packet.
The following information is required when registering:
- Visit Parent Central Services on Fort Rucker at the Soldier Service Center, Building 5700, RM. 193.
- Provide valid sponsor ID card, shot records for each child. Parents of children who reside off Fort Rucker can receive transportation to after school care. Please fill out the CYS Services Bus Form at the Parent Central Services office. – Please note this service is based on availability.
- DOD Fee Application.
- If the sponsor is single or dual military, a current Family care plan (DA Form 5305-R) is required.
- If you are registering for sports and other activities offered by CYS Services you must have a current sports physical that will not expire during the season. You may download the CYSS Registration Information here.
Child care fees are based on Total Family Income (TFI), not rank or grade. The Army funds the difference in what you pay and the actual cost of care.
This year begins the transition of all military services to standard child care fees for each Total Family Income (TFI) category with completion expected by SY14-15. The Army Child & Youth Fee Policy began transitioning to single child care fees for each TFI category in SY10-11 with a three year individualized phase plan for each installation. The Army’s SY12-13 planned target fees were adjusted to comply with updated DoD fees and fee ranges.
Standard Cost full day fees show an increase ranging from $6 to $44 depending on income category. Part day fee increases range from $0 to $6 per month. School Age fees show an increase $20 to $36 for Before & After program and $0 to $8 for Before or After School care. Sports fees and hourly care fees remain the same.
The goal of CYSS is to provide each Family with a child care option that meets their needs. Because there are a limited number of spaces available, in some locations it may be necessary for Families to be placed on waiting lists.
Parent Central Services representatives will schedule program orientations for every new Family during registration.