September Group Fitness Schedule
Download the schedule here.
Click the ICE icon.
- Gym Rat Workout Program
The Gym Rat is a new ongoing program that is open to all authorized patrons at both Physical Fitness Centers. Join the Elite with 100 days of fitness, it’s easy and free! Obtain signatures from Fort Rucker gym staff on your form every time you attend your own workout or a group fitness class at either Fitness Center. When your form has 100 signatures, you will receive an exclusive Gym Rat t-shirt. Pick up your form from the front desk of either Physical Fitness Center and get started. Boot Camp participation will not be included in this 100 day event but time in the gym and fitness classes during Boot Camp will be allowed. Patron has up to 365 days to complete program. Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center, (334) 255-2296/3794.
- Run/Walk Program
The Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Centers are now offering a Run/Walk Program. Run or walk and record your mileage at the front desk at either of the Physical Fitness Centers. This is an ongoing program where each member’s mileage total will be posted monthly and members will earn mileage patches based on their totals along the way. Reach 1000 miles and win a water bottle. Start racking up your miles today! For more information, please contact the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center at (334) 255-2296 or the Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center at (334) 255-3794.
- Plank Challenge:
Got a few minutes? Challenge yourself to hold a full plank for this month’s Plank Off. Just wait until you feel the energy from all the other participants. You will be inspired to hold longer than you think you can. Stop by either Physical Fitness Center for a Personal Trainer or Fitness Instructor to time your plank. This can be done from 5:45am-6:30pm. Or if you like to challenge others to be inspired to hold longer than you think you can, meet at Fortenberry-Colten PFC at 4:45pm to complete and challenge others. You will receive the month’s prize, along with your name and picture highlighted for the month as Plank Challenge Competition Winner. The Rules are: 1. Plank must be held in a full push-up position (on hands and feet). 2. Participants must maintain a straight body line from head to feet. 3. Both feet must remain on the ground. 4. Participants who deviate from proper starting positions in the full plank will be disqualified.
Dates: October 7, November 4, December 2
- Zumba Challenge: Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Come and challenge yourself! The cost is $3.50 or you may use your Fitness Card. Door prizes will be given and refreshments will be provided. Open to all authorized patrons. Dates: September 25, November 20
- Spin Challenge: Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Come and challenge yourself! The cost is $3.50 or you may use your Fitness Card. Door prizes will be given and refreshments will be provided. Open to all authorized patrons. Dates: October 30, December 16
- September 27, Hispanic Heritage Gate-to-Gate Run: Race day registration will be from 7:30 – 8:30 am in the parking lot by the Daleville Gate on 3rd and Raider and the run will begin at 9 am. Participants will be bused to the Ozark gate from the Daleville gate. The last bus will leave at 8:40 am, so participants are encouraged to arrive early. The run begins at the Ozark gate and continues down Andrews Ave to 3rd Ave, where runners will turn left and continue to the Daleville gate. Participants are encouraged to pre-register prior to race day and forms will be available at either Physical Fitness Center. Costs will be $20-25 individual and $120-160 for teams. Trophies will be awarded to Overall Male/Female, Master Male/Female, Grandmaster Male/Female, 1st place trophies in 14 age categories and medals for 2nd and 3rd place in 14 age categories; team trophy to 1st place team and streamers for top 10 teams.
Please Note: During the Gate to Gate Run traffic will be closed on Andrews Avenue from the Ozark gate to 3rd Avenue from 8:30 am to 9:30 am, and 3rd Avenue to the Daleville gate from 8:30 am – 10:30 am.
Click here for Registration
- October 25, Spooky 5K, 1-Mile Fun Run & Costume Contest: The Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center will be hosting the annual Spooky 5k, 1 Mile Fun Run, and Costume Contest on October 25 beginning at 9 am at Fortenberry-Colton. Registration on the day of the event will begin at 7:30 am and end at 8:45 am at the Fortenberry-Colton. Participants are encouraged to pre-register for this event. Forms will be available at either Physical Fitness Center. The 1-Mile Fun Run is free and open to all children and will begin after the 5k is completed. Each Fun Run participant will receive a medal. There will be a costume contest with 1st place trophies for Overall Best Costume, Scariest Costume, and Most Original Costume for both adults and children categories. The costume contest is free to enter and will start at 8:15 am. Trophies will be awarded to Overall Male/Female, Master Male/Female, Grandmaster Male/Female, 1st place trophies in 14 age categories and medals for 2nd and 3rd place in 14 age categories; team trophy to 1st place team and team streamers awarded to the top 10 qualifying teams. Cost for the run is $20 for individuals and $120 for teams before October 20 and $25 for individuals and $160 for teams October 20 and up to race day. For more information contact the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center at (334) 255-2296.
- November 22, Turkey Trot 5K/10K &1 Mile Fun Run: Starting at 9 am at the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center. Race Day registration will be between 7:30 – 8:45 am. Participants are encouraged to pre-register at either PFC. The Fun Run will begin after the 5k/10k race is complete, and is free and open to all children. Each Fun Run participant will receive a medal. 5K/10K costs are $20-25 individual and $120-160 for teams.
- December 1, Turkey Burn: Join Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center and burn off that turkey dinner! There will be door prizes to be awarded, also fruit and water will be available to all participants. Classes will be held on December 1 with two sessions available from 10-2pm or 4-8pm and will include classes such as: Zumba, Tabata, Spin, Bodyweight Strength & Cardio, Yoga, and much more! These 4-hour fitness marathons are designed to help you burn off those extra dinner calories. The marathon will include a variety of classes, with a mixture of instructions every thirty minutes. The cost is $3.50 per 4-hour session, unless patron has monthly class card. Open to Authorized Physical Fitness Patrons. For more information please call Fortenberrt-Colton Physical Fitness Center at (334)255-3794.
- December 13, Mistletoe 5K &1 Mile Fun Run: The Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, beginning at 9 am. Registration on the day of the event will take place from 7:30 – 8:45 am at the Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center. Participants are encouraged to pre-register for this event and forms are available at either PFC. The 1-Mile Fun Run is free and open to all children and will begin after the 5k is completed.