April Group Fitness Schedule
Download the schedule here.
- Gym Rat Workout Program
The Gym Rat is a new ongoing program that is open to all authorized patrons at both Physical Fitness Centers. Join the Elite with 100 days of fitness, it’s easy and free! Obtain signatures from Fort Rucker gym staff on your form every time you attend your own workout or a group fitness class at either Fitness Center. When your form has 100 signatures, you will receive an exclusive Gym Rat t-shirt. Pick up your form from the front desk of either Physical Fitness Center and get started. Boot Camp participation will not be included in this 100 day event but time in the gym and fitness classes during Boot Camp will be allowed. Patron has up to 365 days to complete program. Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center, (334) 255-2296/3794.
- Run/Walk Program
The Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Centers are now offering a Run/Walk Program. Run or walk and record your mileage at the front desk at either of the Physical Fitness Centers. This is an ongoing program where each member’s mileage total will be posted monthly and members will earn mileage patches based on their totals along the way. Reach 1000 miles and win a water bottle. Start racking up your miles today! For more information, please contact the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center at (334) 255-2296 or the Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center at (334) 255-3794.
- Zumba Challenge: Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Come and challenge yourself! The cost is $3.50 or you may use your Fitness Card. Door prizes will be given and refreshments will be provided. Open to all authorized patrons. Dates: May 29, July 31, September 25, November 20
- Spin Challenge: Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Come and challenge yourself! The cost is $3.50 or you may use your Fitness Card. Door prizes will be given and refreshments will be provided. Open to all authorized patrons. Dates: June 26, August 19, October 30, December 16
- April 7 – May 16, Spring Boot Camp: The Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center. The Program is 5 days a week, 2 sessions, from 8:30 - 9:30 am or 5:30 – 6:30 pm. The cost is $100 per participant due in full by April 7th and includes: Training with Certified Personal Trainers and Group Exercise Leaders, Access to all Group Fitness Classes during the 6 weeks, A 2014 Spring Boot Camp T-shirt, Awards for peer chosen categories, and Weekly Tips and Nutritional info. There is a 25 person limit per class and waiting list will be available. Each packet will be reviewed for high risk participants before day one. For more details and to register, contact the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Centers at (334) 255-2296/3794.
- May 3, Army 10 Miler Run Off & Team Relay
From 7 – 11 am at the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center. Race day registration begins at 6 am and the race begins at 7 am. Pre-registration is $20 prior to April 27th and will cost $25 beginning April 28th. Registration fee for a 5-Person Relay Team will be $10 per person with a $12 no shirt option. Top active duty finishers will be considered for the team to represent Fort Rucker at the 10 Mile Run in Washington D.C. Trophies will be awarded to the Overall Male & Female, Masters Male & Female, Grandmasters Male & Female, and Male & Female 2nd Place through 11th place finishers. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies awarded to the Relay Teams. Click here for registration from
- May 8, Fort Rucker Health Expo
11 am – 3 pm at Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center.
Sponsorship & Advertising, (334) 598-5311.
- May 9, Military Spouses Day Specials
Fortenberry-Colton PFC – In recognition of Military Spouse Appreciation Day, all fitness classes at the Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center are free of charge to all military spouses on May 9th. Fortenberry-Colton PFC, (334) 255-3794.
- May 10, Disc Golf Tournament
The Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center is holding its 2nd Annual Disc Golf Tournament, Saturday, May 10th from 10am – 2pm. Pre-Registration costs $12 until May 3rd and $15 afterwards. T-shirts will be available while supplies last. Trophies will be awarded to: 1st-3rd place for ages18 & under, 1st Place Amateur & 1st Place Advanced for ages 19-45 , and 1st Place Trophy for ages 46 & up. Please register at the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center, (334) 255-2296.
- June 21, Army Strong Triathlon
Show us what you’re made of at Fort Rucker’s annual Army Strong Triathlon, June 14th from 7 – 12 pm at West Beach, Lake Tholocco. Event will include ¼ mile swim, 10.6 mile bike race, and a 3.1 mile run. Cash awards will be given to the top overall finishers and the top relay team. All pre-registered participants will receive t-shirts. T-shirts will be available while supplies last. Individual cost is $40 if pre-registered by June 9th or $50 afterwards. Relay teams (max of 3 people) cost $70 by June 9th or $80 afterwards. Open to the public.
- September 27, Hispanic Heritage Gate-to-Gate Run: Race day registration will be from 7:30 – 8:30 am in the parking lot by the Daleville Gate on 3rd and Raider and the run will begin at 9 am. Participants will be bused to the Ozark gate from the Daleville gate. The last bus will leave at 8:40 am, so participants are encouraged to arrive early. The run begins at the Ozark gate and continues down Andrews Ave to 3rd Ave, where runners will turn left and continue to the Daleville gate. Participants are encouraged to pre-register prior to race day and forms will be available at either Physical Fitness Center. Costs will be $20-25 individual and $120-160 for teams. Trophies will be awarded to Overall Male/Female, Master Male/Female, Grandmaster Male/Female, 1st place trophies in 14 age categories and medals for 2nd and 3rd place in 14 age categories; team trophy to 1st place team and streamers for top 10 teams.
- October 25, Spooky 5K, 1-Mile Fun Run & Costume Contest: The Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, beginning at 9 am. Registration on the day of the event will begin at 7:30 am and end at 8:45 am at the Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center.
- November 22, Turkey Trot 5K/10K &1 Mile Fun Run: Starting at 9 am at the Fort Rucker Physical Fitness Center. Race Day registration will be between 7:30 – 8:45 am. Participants are encouraged to pre-register at either PFC. The Fun Run will begin after the 5k/10k race is complete, and is free and open to all children. Each Fun Run participant will receive a medal. 5K/10K costs are $20-25 individual and $120-160 for teams.
- December 13, Mistletoe 5K &1 Mile Fun Run: The Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center, beginning at 9 am. Registration on the day of the event will take place from 7:30 – 8:45 am at the Fortenberry-Colton Physical Fitness Center. Participants are encouraged to pre-register for this event and forms are available at either PFC. The 1-Mile Fun Run is free and open to all children and will begin after the 5k is completed.