Outdoor Recreation Service Center
West Beach, Lake Tholocco
Building 24235 on Johnston Road
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (unless otherwise posted)
Outdoor Recreation is closed for business on Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year’s Day.
For Holiday Hours & Special Closures, please refer to our homepage.
Click the ICE icon.
Alabama State Hunting/Fishing License for 2014 are now on sale.
It is against State Law to hunt Turkey’s By Means of Bait. During the entire Turkey Season our Hog Trapping Endeavors will continue. If you are Turkey Hunting and come across a Baited Hog Trap, leave the area. If you are caught Hunting around or near a Baited Hog Trap you will be charged with Hunting By Means of Bait and your Hunting Permit Revoked. NO EXCUSES
Hunting and Fishing on Fort Rucker requires that individuals ages 16 and older have an Alabama State License and a Fort Rucker Post Permit, both available for purchase at the Outdoor Recreation Center.
To purchase an Alabama State License at the Alabama state resident price, military personnel are required to provide a copy of orders of assignment to Alabama, along with their military identification card, driver’s license, and hunter safety education card. Without an Alabama driver license or copy of orders of assignment to Alabama, patron will be subjected to non-resident prices.
Alabama residents over the age of 65 are not required to have an Alabama State License, but must have a Fort Rucker Post Permit. Youth ages 15 and younger do not need a State License or a Post Permit.
Fort Rucker has several excellent lakes and ponds for fishing, full of hybrid bass, catfish, crappie and bream:
- Lake Tholocco – fishing open to all ages
- Beaver Lake – 7.7 acres; fishing open to all ages, open sunup til sundown
- Buckhorn Lake – 13.2 acres; fishing open to all ages, open sunup til sundown, but subject to closures (please contact Outdoor Recreation for weekly schedule)
- Ech Lake – 7.7 acres; fishing open to all ages, open sunup til sundown
- Beaver Pond – fishing open to all ages
- Parcours Lake – reserved for youth fishing for ages 15 and below (ages 16 and above may assist youth fishing activities, but cannot actively fish at this lake)
Please see the Fort Rucker Reg 215-1 for regulations concerning Hunting and Fishing on Fort Rucker.
Hunter Education Course
PLEASE NOTE: All hunters who need to take a Hunter Education Course will be required to complete the course through outdooralabama.com. The fee for the online class is $24.50 and hunters will receive their completion card once the fee is paid online.
There are other traditional courses (classroom setting) offered in the State of Alabama throughout the year. Hunters will need to log on to outdooralabama.com to register for all traditional classes. The fee of $24.50 still applies for the traditional course.
All individuals hunting on Fort Rucker are required to have a Hunter Safety Education card, accepted from any state, Canada, or Germany.
State Fishing and Hunting Licenses and Post Permits expire on August 31 and must be renewed annually.
Military Personnel and their dependents stationed at Fort Rucker must bring in a copy of their Military Orders, along with Military ID, and Driver’s License to receive the Resident Rate for license fees.
Fort Rucker Post Fishing Permit Fees
- E4 & below, including Retirees – No cost
- E5 & above, including Military Dependents, Retirees & DoD Personnel – $12.00
- Civilians – $15.00
- Seniors ages 65 & up, Individuals with Disabilities – No cost
- Veterans and individuals with disabilities must visit their local County Court House to purchase either a Specialty License or a Veterans Fishing License.
Fort Rucker Post Hunting Permit Fees
- E4 & below, including Retirees – No cost
- E5 & above, including Military Dependents, Retirees & DoD Personnel – $18.00
- Civilians, including Individuals with Disabilities – $25.00
- Seniors ages 65 & up – No cost
Alabama Fishing License Fees
- Resident Freshwater – $12.75
- Resident Saltwater – $22.40
- Resident Saltwater 7-Day Trip – $27.60
- Non-Resident (Annual) – $48.95
- Non-Resident 7-Day Trip – $27.60 (Prices are subject to change upon state of residency)
- Non-Resident Saltwater (Annual) – $47.95
- Non-Resident Saltwater 7-Day Trip – $26.60
Alabama Hunting License Fees
- Resident All Game – $25.55
- Resident Small Game – $17.00
- Wildlife Heritage – $10.60
- Duck Stamp State – $6.00
- Duck Stamp Federal – $15.00
- Wildlife Management Area – $17.00
- Non-Resident All Game – $293.60
- Non-Resident All Game 10-Day Trip – $181.40
- Non-Resident All Game 3-Day Trip – $128.05
- Non-Resident Small Game – $95.95
- Non-Resident Small Game 10-Day Trip – $58.60
- Non-Resident Small Game 3-Day Trip – $42.60