The EDGE! Program offers out-of-school opportunities for children and youth to experience, develop, grow, and excel by participating in cutting-edge art, fitness, life skills and adventure activities. EDGE! is open to youth of military, DoD civilian, and contractors working on Fort Rucker. EDGE! events cost $5 per hour for children 6-18 years old. Activities occur every weekday from 4 – 5 p.m. or 4 – 5:30 p.m. depending on the activity.
Upcoming EDGE! Activities
- December EDGE! – Activities include:
Valid CYSS registration is required for EDGE! participation. Enrollment and additional registration forms can be found at Parent Central Services, located in the Soldier Service Center Bldg. 5700, Rm. 193, or at the facility where the activity is being held. You can also register online with WEBTRAC.
- Art EDGE! promotes learning-by-doing and focuses on the development of lifetime skills through exposure to the arts. Art EDGE! activities increase creative development while building self-esteem.
- Fit EDGE! educates and encourages children and youth to incorporate a healthier lifestyle through physical activity and nutritional awareness programs.
- Life EDGE! imparts upon children and youth the skills needed for life-long growth as well as the exploration of future career fields.
- Adventure EDGE! encourages children and youth to embrace the outdoors and nature while being exposed to activities that stimulate relaxation.
An assortment of activities are available year round. Potential activities include:
- Rock Wall Climbing
- …and more!
EDGE! Video – click here